In a study carried out by HomeServe, Britain’s leading home emergency and home insurance provider, a few years ago, it was revealed that young adults in the UK are becoming the generation of ‘do-it-for-me’.
According to the research, HomeServe found that:
- 66% of 18-24 year olds didn’t know how to rewire a plug
- 59% wouldn’t be able to clear a blocked gutter
- 16% did not even know how to change a light bulb
- 57% didn’t know what to do in order to help clear a blocked drain
- 68% would not know how to turn off their water supply in the event that a pipe burst